So, when I posted my end-of-year roundup on my writing in December, I was thinking of making that kind of post a regular thing, updating all y’all on how the writing’s going.
And now it’s March. Yeah, I’m not always so good on following through with stuff.
So, how is that writing stuff going, M?
Not too bad, actually. Thanks for asking. Let me tell you about it.
- A new untitled story is with Alpha Reader as we speak. I’m hoping to have it to my betas soon and submit it by the end of the month. It’s a horror story this time!
- “Meanwhile Inc.” was rejected, but I already know where I’m submitting it next. Just need to wait for the submission window to open.
- Still waiting to hear back on “Buccinum Anningiae”.
- As is the case with “Piper Deez and the Case of the Clanless Woman”. I submitted it in January and probably should query about it soon, according to the magazine’s guidelines.
- Thanks to “Meanwhile Inc.” and the new story, editing The Travelers has slowed down. I was doing well for a while, though. I’ve gotten through chapter 9 with this go-around’s edits.
That’s one of the funny things about writing that I’ve had to learn. Saying “I’m done!” but really meaning “I’m done for now!” until the next rewrite. Because there’s always one rewrite, isn’t there?
Things may never seem done, but there’s always progress.
Speaking of which, Alpha Reader and I watched Things To Come last night. It’s from 1936 and was written by H.G. Wells. The ending is a little preachy, but it was a lot of fun to watch; the special effects for the time are outstanding. Plus you get to see Raymond Massey in a kicky shorts-set.
I’ve been meaning to watch Things to Come for years now! Thanks so much for the reminder. Good luck with the submissions – I can’t begin to imagine what the waiting is like.